The only directory of its kind, connecting the many aspects of happiness and related topics.
Here are great inspirations, information and resources to help you cultivate your way
click the boxes / topics to expand, hover over links for descriptions
Quotes: Happiness, Inspirational and Spiritual
- Bowl of Saki The Bowl of Saki is a daily non-sectarian inspirational message from Inayat Khan, an awe-inspiring spiritual leader from India who brought a timeless message of Love, Harmony and Beauty
- Tinybuddah – simple wisdom for complex lives – reflecting on simple wisdom and learning new ways to apply it to our complex lives–complete with responsibilities, struggles, dreams, and relationships. Over the last three years, Tiny Buddha has emerged as a leading resource for peace and happiness, with more than 41 million views to date.
- Moment of Happiness (from The Happiness Project)
- Notes from the Universe by TUT (Totally Unique Thoughts) These Notes are brief passages written by “The Universe,” personalized with your name (and occasionally your personal goals and dreams), designed to remind you that you have, indeed, been given dominion over all things. TUT: we remind others as much as ourselves of life’s fundamental truths: that life is magical, that we are adored and powerful, and that dreams really do come true.
- Yogi Products and Teas – an organic tea product company that provides inspirational quotes with each bag of tea (a personal favorite)
- Yogi Inspirations – life’s simple truths, created to awaken a sense of goodness within you
- Live Life Happy – Inspirational quotes, posters & stories
Websites & Resources
These organizations and websites offer very robust and broad resources / directories to engage others about happiness. Happiness is a prime factor and indicator of wellbeing, and vice versa.
- Action for Happiness – creating a happier society for everyone
- Gross National Happiness – USA – the pursuit of happiness, measure what matters
- International Day of Happiness – sharing information to raise awareness of the importance of Happiness and Well-being for a Sustainable Future
- World Database of Happiness – research findings on subjective enjoyment of life (older website, some links that don’t work, lots of info)
The following happiness based websites have good content and presented well. Some of these websites are based on books and also offer robust updated information.
- Your Happiness Plan – Oprah.com
- Live Happier – the ultimate life skill Live Happier is run by a collective of like-minded individuals who believe in making available ‘the tools’ that promote empowerment, self-management and happier lives. (e-Book)
- World of happiness forum (Australia) The World Happiness Forum, an international non-profit body, promotes dialogue on tools and techniques that can be drawn from science, psychology, philosophy, economics and religion for the enhancement of human happiness.
- The Happiness Project – experiments in the practice of everyday life. (Books, Quotes)
- Raising Happiness – spread happiness by teaching parents simple, fun skills that bring more joy into their lives and into the lives of their children. (Book)
- Delivering Happiness – Nudge the world to a happier place. Share your happy stories. (Book)
- The Happiness Initiative – The Happiness Initiative provides education, awareness, toolkits, technical assistance, and services to support happiness projects in your area.
- Happiness Paradigm – Genuine well being for ourselves and the planet
Books, Magazines, News and Articles
- The Ride of Your Life – A coast-to-coast guide to finding inner peace
- The Art of Happiness & The Art of Happiness at Work
- A New Earth BUY
- Evolutionary Enlightenment
- The Way to Happiness – A common sense guide to better living
- Happiness-Project – experiments in the practice of everyday life
- The How of Happiness – A new approach to getting the life you want
- Autobiography of a Yogi
- Happiness and the Human Spirit
- Authentic Happiness – Using the New Positive Psychology to Realize Your Potential for Lasting Fulfillment
- Live Happier – The Ultimate Life Skill (e-book)
- Raising Happiness – raise happy kids + love your life
- Delivering Happiness – A Path to Profits, Passion, and Purpose
- Brian and Alka’s personal book lists (see appendix)
- Listing of books on happiness
- Live Happy Magazine impacts the world through a happiness movement that inspires people to engage in living purpose-driven, healthy, meaningful lives.
- Mindful Magazine – Mindful magazine celebrates the basic human ability to be fully present and aware of where we are and what we’re doing.
- Yoga Journal Practice Yoga Wherever You Are – Yoga Journal was created to unite the growing yoga community and provide, according to an early mission statement, “material that combines the essence of classical yoga with the latest understanding of modern science.”
- Spirituality and Health Magazine – We cover a broad range of topics under the umbrella of health and spirituality, which can include faith, Eastern philosophy, meditation, and mainstream religion; nutrition, wellness, yoga, and holistic medicine; creativity, the inner life, social justice, and issues of conscience; and public health, the human body, and the environment.
- Psychology Today – Happiness
- Natural Awakenings Magazine – local publications hosting an indispensable personal resource for those seeking a healthy, natural lifestyle in over 80 U.S. communities in 35 states and Puerto Rico.
- Origin Magazine – The Conscious Culture Magazine
- Daily Good – News that inspires, through a website and a variety of e-mail subscriptions
- Service Space – leverages technology to inspire greater volunteerism
- Think & Be Happy provides all the latest news and research on happiness, well-being, the potential of the mind and youth issues. (App)
- Huffington Post – Happiness News
- The Babble Out – What is Happiness and How to Cultivate It?
- Daily Good – News that inspires, through a website and a variety of e-mail subscriptions
- The Pursuit of Happiness – Time Mag. 2013-7
- Can We Make Ourselves Happier – BBC Mag 2013-7
- Life Lift – Being Happy from the inside out – Natural Awakenings Mag. 2013-6
- Happiness Inc. – NYT 2013-4
- Are You Happy? An App Tries To Raise Our Collective Mood – Forbes 2013-3
- Is happiness the secret of success? – CNN 2012-3
- Happiness Comes First, Success Follows – WebMD 2005-12
TV, Movies, Radio and Podcasts
- Oprah Super Soul Sunday – TV series “Super Soul Sunday” is the multi-award winning daytime series that delivers a timely thought-provoking, eye-opening and inspiring block of programming designed to help viewers awaken to their best selves and discover a deeper connection to the world around them.
- Happiness Documentary – BBC – 4 part series
- Project Happiness – The Documentary – Happiness is a universal quest. Authentic happiness is not only possible – it’s closer than you think.
- The Way to Happiness Film – A common sense guide to better living
- The Happy Movie – Does money make you HAPPY? Kids and family? Your work? Do you live in a world that values and promotes happiness and well-being? Are we in the midst of a happiness revolution?
- Finding Happiness – presents real people living dynamic, harmonious lives in real communities around the world, viewed through the eyes of fictional magazine journalist, Juliet Palmer.
- Spiritual Cinema Circles The heart and soul of cinema. Spiritual Cinema Circle is the home of uplifting stories from independent filmmakers that inspire love and compassion, spiritual films that connect us with the world around us.
- The Economics of Happiness The Economics of Happiness describes a world moving simultaneously in two opposing directions.
- Radio and Podcasts
- Oprah Soul Series – Radio It’s uplifting, enlightening and truly powerful. Oprah’s Soul Series is “the most exciting thing that ever could have happened,” Oprah says. Each week, Oprah or guest hosts Elizabeth Lesser and the Rev. Ed Bacon sit down with leading spiritual thinkers, teachers and authors to talk about matters of the soul.
- Hay House Radio – Radio for the soul
- Happiness Podcast – Dr. Robert Puff
- Harvesting Happiness
- Human Happiness
- The Rational Basis of Happiness – Dr. Ellen Kenner
- The Happy Hour – Spread Happy
- How to be Happy
Surveys, Tests and Assessments
- Live Happy Within (our survey) – What does Happiness mean to you? Your feedback helps guide the development of livehappywithin.com See the results from other people.
- The H(app)athon Project – designed to help reveal what makes you happy – the things you do and say focused on issues like well-being, meaning, purpose, and action. Your “Score” is not a numerical rating – it’s more of a picture of who you are as represented by your data.
- Gross National Happiness Index Survey – you will get your own self assessment of your happiness and well-being
- Your Happiness Plan – Oprah.com, Take the Happiness Test
- Authentic Happiness – University of Pennsylvanian – Questionnaires
- The Oxford Happiness Project
- Happiness Self Test – about.com
- The 10,000 Days Happiness Assessment
Academics and Positive Psychology
- Positive Psychology UPenn at the University of Pennsylvania is to promote research, training, education, and the dissemination of Positive Psychology. The PPC is internationally recognized for empirical studies in Positive Psychology and resilience. The Center’s scholars are world-renowned experts in the fields of Positive Psychology, resilience, and grit. The Center established the world’s first Master of Applied Positive Psychology program (MAPP). We offer state-of-the-art training programs in Positive Psychology and resilience for educational institutions, the U.S. Army, and other organizations around the world.
- Authentic Happiness UPenn Authentic Happiness is the homepage of Dr. Martin Seligman, Director of the Positive Psychology Center at the University of Pennsylvania and founder of positive psychology, a branch of psychology which focuses on the empirical study of such things as positive emotions, strengths-based character, and healthy institutions
- First World Happiness Report Launched at the United Nations The Earth Institute – Columbia University These are among the findings of the first ever World Happiness Report (download PDF), commissioned for the April 2nd United Nations Conference on Happiness (mandated by the UN General Assembly). The report, published by the Earth Institute and co-edited by the institute’s director, Jeffrey Sachs, reflects a new worldwide demand for more attention to happiness and absence of misery as criteria for government policy. It reviews the state of happiness in the world today and shows how the new science of happiness explains personal and national variations in happiness.
- Happiness Within Reach [past] The fascinating and ageless question of happiness has preoccupied humans throughout time. Is real happiness within reach or are we destined to pursue the elusive? Can we increase happiness by awakening a natural capacity to thrive and experience deep fulfillment and meaning in life? What does the new science suggest about moving beyond merely coping with stress and instead, develop sustainable skills and capacities that enhance success, productivity, and emotional well being.
- Tal Ben-Shahar Bring happiness to Life Tal Ben-Shahar is an author and lecturer, teaching at the Interdisciplinary Center, Herzliya. He taught the largest course at Harvard on “Positive Psychology” and the third largest on “The Psychology of Leadership”—with a total of over 1,400 students.
Apps and Applications
- Signal Patterns and Deepak Chopra Mobile have collaboratively and independently created a suite of apps.
- Live Happy App – A Happiness Boosting Positive Psychology Program. Live Happy is a comprehensive, first-of-its-kind mobile happiness-boosting program that is based on Dr. Lyubomirsky’s happiness research and key elements from her book, The How of Happiness.
- Gratitude Stream – is a global “stream” of good thoughts and thanks. Expressing gratitude is a scientifically-proven method of boosting your short and long term happiness.
- Authentic Yoga – The Authentic Yoga With Deepak Chopra and Tara Stiles application for the iPod/iPhone and iPad is one of the top-selling apps in its category.
- Stress Free – The ‘Stress Free with Deepak Chopra’ app is a new stress reducing program that has
been developed specifically for the iPhone/iPod Touch.
- Daily Gift – Receive Daily Karma, Deepak Video Blogs and Inspirational quotes both on your iPhone/iPod and in your email. You specify the time of the day for delivery of your personal daily gift from Deepak Chopra and the app sends tiny bits of inspiration your way each day.
- Happy Tapper – create life changing apps
- Kids Happy Apps – developing the most important skills children can learn: Relationships, Resilience, Creativity, Kindness and Gratitude.
- Be Happy! – Tips to increase your happiness
- Happiness Booster – switch your emotions and to make you feel happy
- Happy Being App – nSmiles – bring techniques from ontology and psychology to our customers to achieve wellbeing.
- Illuum – is an insanely-simple way to improve your life – journaling and goal-tracking with a statistical twist.
- Happy Thoughts App – Use happy thoughts to start focusing your thinking more positively.
- Happy App – relationships, create a perfect balance and a strong relationship with the people who matter to us.
- Get Happy – hundreds of actionable tips you can use to improve various aspects of your life.
- bLife – The first fitness program for your mind
- The H(app)athon App release 2014, how a person finds meaning so we can connect them to Actions that will increase their Happiness and well-being.
Wellness: Yoga, Meditation, Mindfulness, Health and Food
- Yoga Alliance – International professional organization provides support services and yoga teacher certification. List of registered schools and teachers in the U.S. and Canada
- Yoga Journal – Directory – Practice Yoga Wherever You Are
- Yoga Finder
- The International Yoga Centers Directory
- Chair Yoga: Lakshmi Voelker – Get fit where you sit!
- Laughter Yoga International
- American School of Laughter Yoga
- Free Mediation Info – resource guide and directory of places to meditate
- Wellbeing Meditation Directory – UK
- Insight Timer – great meditation timer app that also offers guided meditations
- Transcendental Meditation – based on the ancient Vedic tradition of enlightenment in India. This knowledge has been handed down by Vedic masters from generation to generation for thousands of years. About 50 years ago, Maharishi Mahesh Yogi — the representative in our age of the Vedic tradition — introduced Transcendental Meditation to the world, restoring the knowledge and experience of higher states of consciousness at this critical time for humanity.
- Shambhala Worldwide – every human being has a fundamental nature of goodness, warmth and intelligence. This nature can be cultivated through meditation, following ancient principles, and it can be further developed in daily life, so that it radiates out to family, friends, community and society.
- Energy Healing
- Reiki Association – Directory
- Integrative Medicine
- Acupuncture and Traditional Chinese Medicine
- Food & Nutrition
Economics based in happiness, Money and Investing (aligning your money and values)
- Money and Investing
- Gross National Happiness (Bhutan) sustainable development should take a holistic approach towards notions of progress and give equal importance to non-economic aspects of wellbeing
- Gross National Happiness – USA
- Genuine Progress Indicator – GPI vs GDP GPI is designed to take fuller account of the health of a nation’s economy by incorporating environmental and social factors which are not measured by GDP
- Happiness Planet Index
- Happiness Counts
- Erasmus Happiness Economics Research Organisation (EHERO) – Erasmus University. The greatest happiness principle is a moral tenet, which holds that the best thing to do is what contributes to the greatest happiness of the greatest number of people.
Conferences, Clubs, Holidays
- Conference guide – from the World Database of Happiness
- Happiness and its causes – tools and techniques for a happier life!
- The Economics of Happiness
- Happiness 2012 – Happiness, Compassion & Sustainability – A strategic gathering
- Highway to Happiness Conference
- Wanderlust Festival – the largest celebration of its kind in the world: a 4-day celebration of yoga, music, and nature.
- International Day of Happiness We are a collective of international civil society organizations coming together with youth groups and individuals dedicated to sharing information to raise awareness of the importance of Happiness and Well-being for a Sustainable Future. On July 12, 2012, the United Nations General Assembly proclaimed March 20 the International Day of Happiness, which invited Member States to “pursue the elaboration of additional measures that better capture the importance of the pursuit of happiness and well-being in development with a view to guiding their public policies.”
- International Day of Peace
- International Mother Earth Day
- World Laughter Day
- Clubs and meetups
- Happiness Club – to promote the benefits of being happy through meetings, newsletters, and an informative web site – to the people in your community, and around the world.
- Secret Society of Happy People – The Society began in 1998 to simply celebrate the experience of being happy.
- Follow the laughter – certified laughter leaders, laughter clubs
- Meetup – search for Happy or Happiness groups near you
More resources and examples
- Wellness Centers
- Yoga Instruction
- Integrative Nutrition Consultants
- Money and Investing
- Success and Wellness
- Center for Progressive Development – promoting psychological health in the workplace and in personal lives
- Related websites and blogs
- Brian’s and Alka’s Books
- Biomimicry is an innovation method that seeks sustainable solutions by emulating nature’s time-tested patterns and strategies, e.g., a solar cell inspired by a leaf. The goal is to create products, processes, and policies—new ways of living—that are well-adapted to life on earth over the long haul.
- Biodynamics is a spiritual-ethical-ecological approach to agriculture, food production and nutrition
- Regenerative Design
- Wikipedia is a great resource of information for all these topics
Share this with others and help them on their journey.
Connect with us, share your happiness resources with us, so we can include them in this evolving directory.
The information contained in this document has been provided by Talgra, LLC (“Talgra”). No representation or warranty, expressed or implied is made by Talgra, the sponsors, partners or contributors as to the accuracy or completeness of the information contained herein. This document is being distributed for information purposes only and is subject to change. The specific products and services included in this report are examples of resources in different categories and are not recommendations to purchase or use any individual product or service.